Pages

5.20.2013

two days, two different nail polishes

Saturday night, I ventured into Ulta for the first time. I must've been in that store for at least 45 minutes, just browsing through all the aisles and looking at everything! I texted my sister and asked her if she had ever been there, and referred to it as a "beauty mecca". (She didn't know what a "mecca" was.)

I went there solely to look at OPI nail polishes. I really wanted to look at the "Oz: The Great and Powerful" collection, looking specifically for "When Monkeys Fly!" and "What Wizardry Is This?" The latter was there, but the first one was not, which disappointed me a bit, seeing as I was looking for that one more. I saw that they had "Lights of Emerald City", and because I wasn't sure how I truly felt about "When Monkeys Fly!" as a texture polish, I decided to get that one.



I decided to paint my nails with a dark pink polish, "Super Star" by Pure Ice, with OPI's "Lights of Emerald City" over it.


I didn't realize how the excess polish on my left nail and pinky fingers until I took that second photo, whoops!

I like that pink color, but I felt like doing something a bit different yesterday, so I went with Revlon's "Blue Lagoon".


Those little glitters from "Lights of Emerald City" stick even after using a polish remover! Thankfully I was able to pick them right off.



Much better.



Pictures of the polishes I used. Well, the first two are my Mom's; I'm watching her house this week and decided to use some polishes she had.



Ta-da, all done! I have such awkwardly-colored hands, but I'm whiter than a piece of white copy paper. Also, because I don't paint my nails too, too often, they're not exactly painted the best... but I'm trying to get better and better.

The "Blue Lagoon" went on a lot smoother than the "Super Star". I only used two coats of each, but the red was more streaky than the blue. The flakes for "Lights" are a bit hard to spread around - the polish is very goopy and the flakes love to stay in one spot or stick to the brush - but I don't mind. I still like it! With these flakes, it's like there's a party on my nails. They're very confetti and party-ish, which I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment