Pages

5.08.2013

#recipe - baked shrimp


I've been trying to use up some of the foods that have been in my freezer for a couple of months now. I've been trying to eat healthier as well, and was happy to find I still had some medium-sized shrimp in my freezer.

I also wanted to try something other than frying it. Fried foods aren't healthy, and I've been eating too much greasy foods lately. I figured I could bake shrimp, but I went ahead and did a Google search on it anyway. There are plenty of baking recipes, thankfully. Let me tell you, this shrimp turned out deliciously!

I will share the recipe for you:

 


Ingredients:
- Kroger-band shelled shrimp, medium-sized
- Butter
- Garlic
- Lemon juice
- Chili sauce


I got out about 15 shrimp and left them out to defrost. It took about an hour and a half for these to thoroughly defrost.



After thhe shrimp were defrosted, I de-shelled them. I kept the shellings on the place on which they were defrosted, and placed the de-shelled shrimp on a new plate.




I placed the four other ingredients in a rammican. I didn't measure out the ingredients - you'll know how much of each you want to put in.



I heated up the ingredients for 45sec, so that the butter could melt and everything could more easily mix together.


I placed the shrimp onto a piece of aluminum oil and spread the liquid mix over the shrimp. I didn't have a brush to spread the mix, so I used a spoon. I also added a dash of salt and pepper to add a bit more flavor to the shrimp.



I set the oven to 450, and cooked the shrimp for 20 minutes.


And, voila! Perfectly cooked baked shrimp.

I'm sure you're wondering about the chili sauce... I add that chili sauce to a lot of things that I cook. I add maybe a teaspoon at the most, just because then, it gives a kick of spice to whatever I'm eating. You can add more or less, or even remove it from the ingredients, based on whether or not you want spice.

I hope you all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment