Pages

8.14.2013

tonymoly - latte art milk-tea morning pack


Last week, I decided I need to get back into a habit of properly cleaning my face. I have Clinique, but I was only using it every now and then. Sunday night, I went out and bought a Clean&Clear set (a deep cleaning toner and a foaming cleanser) to use at night, while I use my Clinique set in the morning.

Friday, I went around searching for various facial products. I don't mind trying out different brands, as long as I carefully look over them to make sure they won't hurt my skin. (I have fairly sensitive skin.) I've been interested in trying out more sleeping/night/morning packs; I once used Tonymoly's Intense Repair Dual Effect Sleeping Pack, and I fell in love with the results. After reading the reviews and the information a bit more, I decided to try out Tonymoly's Latte Art Milk-Tea Morning Pack!




The bottle - 100ml

I ordered this on Saturday and received it Monday. I was very happy with the prompt and quick shipping! (I ordered this from the eBay shop "costsell-com".) The box was a bit bent up, but I wasn't too bothered by it. The item itself was in mint condition and had never been used before. Plus, I got a free gift which I failed to see was even mentioned in the description, so I was even happier because of that.

The back of the box. Look, English!

I never expect to see English instructions on foreign products, but I was sure happy to see it on here! I mean, these type of products are pretty self-explanatory - don't get it near or on your eyes or mouth, and you'll be fine. 

What attracted me to the product was how it includes caffeine. Now, I'm not a cosmetics guru, so while I think I've heard of caffeine being used in products, I know I haven't seen any. The caffeine helps brighten and rejuvenate the face, which... well, I've got some spots, and sometimes I have bags under my eyes, so I'm hoping this, plus a combination of new makeup products I'll be receiving in the next few days, plus a strict routine of face care, will help with these.

The product itself applies very smoothly. It's not the lightest product, but it's not a heavy one that sticks, either. I put on concealer after putting this on, and the concealer applied incredibly smoothly and was able to blend in better with my skin. The lotion is transparent, so it doesn't help to cover any blemishes or scars or spots. Also, it has a bit of a scent. At first, I thought it was coffee, but then I realized the scent was milk tea. Duh. Much like the application, the scent itself is a mix between a light and a heavy scent. It's not overwhelming, but it's not light scent.

How this appears on my skin.

There is whitener in this, and, well... I'm not sure if it's because I've been cleaning my face so much, or because the whitener in this is strong, but I felt like my face was considerably white last night. (Note: I'm very, very pale. I'm about the lightest shade you can get before albino, transparent, etc.) Because of how I felt my face looked last night, I'm only going to be using this product maybe one or twice a week, but certainly not everyday.

The sample I received!

I got a random sample with my order, and this sample was a BB cream with whitener for a man. I'll ask his Dad if he wants it, but otherwise I have no use for this. But, hey, it was free, and I've never seen something like this before!

Overall, I do like this product. While I don't notice an immediate change with acne scars, I do see my face does look brighter and rejuvenated a bit, which was the overall point of the product. I noted earlier I have sensitive skin, and I can say this product can be used for those with sensitive skin. It didn't break out or redden my skin at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment