Pages

7.27.2013

caramel macchiatos and a breakfast sandwich

I'm obsessed with this particular drink...and LINE Camera.

Caramel Macchiato.

My co-worker and I went to Starbucks during lunch yesterday. We weren't too hungry - there was a large potluck in our department yesterday - but we were tired and needing the coffee we hadn't had that morning. I decided to get this drink, a caramel macchiato. I had never tried it before, but I had heard of it many times.
 
Oh. My. Glob.

I was in Heaven with that first sip. I had to resist the urge to down it like a shot. I was happy I caved in to purchase a Venti - I won't be doing that too often, that thing is over $5 with tax - because that thing is delicious. I shouldn't have been surprised when all the milkiness went away, but that coffee was...quite bitter. Sweet, but bitter. That coffee taste really sits at the bottom unless you stire it up! I finished it, because I needed to stay awake those last few hours.


Mon petit dejouner.
 

I knew I had to come back today to get it again. I was talking to my friend yesterday, and he recommended the spinach wrap, so I thought, "Well, I'm trying to eat healthier, I'll get a spinach wrap and a coffee!" (I know the coffee isn't healthy, and I doubt the wrap is the healthiest thing in the world, but hey, spinach is healthy, and a diet happens for me one step at a time.) Well, after talking to the barista at Starbucks, the idea of a spinach wrap was thrown away, and I was suddenly interested in a turkey bacon sandwich.

Mon petit dejouner, up close and personal.

I told the lady, "No egg!" and she seemed compliant...until I bit into my sandwich here at work and, low and behold, there's egg. Now, I actually couldn't taste the egg too much at first, but I noticed my sandwich was thicker than it should have been. I looked at it and studied it closely, and determined that there was egg in my sandwich. Normally, I'd pick off the egg and continue on, but eggs are healthy, so I sucked it up - and boy could I now taste that egg in every bit afterwards - and continued on.



Yes, I realize this is not exactly the best "first post" after not posting in a week and a half. I've been housesitting for my parents and helping run my Mom's business, as well as move and have a job interview (I start my new job in September!)... and then I was obsessed with Comic Con last weekend... So I've been pretty busy for a while. I'll be getting back into the swing of things this week, once I stop moving. (Well, tomorrow there should be a post - I'm going to a Fifth Harmony concert and meet&greet. I'm excited about that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment