Pages

6.05.2013

#moviereview - the internship

★★★☆☆


I've been very curious about seeing this movie, especially since it's trailer is playing in front of all movies, and it's being promoted all over TV. I wasn't sure when or how I would see this movie, but thankfully, Gofobo sent me two tickets to see a screening of this movie last night.

[spoilers ahead]




This movie was a lot better than I expected it to be.

As I watched the trailers and the commercials, I thought this would be some stupid comedy where all the better jokes were in the trailer. Yes, a lot of the jokes would be jokes some people would consider "stupid", but the jokes aren't crude or cringe-worthy. This wasn't a smart movie, and it was fairly predictable, but there was heart to this movie. This wasn't a deep movie, but there were a few sentimental parts.

The premise of the movie involves two guys, Billy (Vince Vaugn) and Nick (Owen Wilson), who suddenly lose their jobs. While Google-ing jobs, Billy decides to look up jobs at Google, where he stumbles upon a summer internship. After enrolling himself and Nick in Phoenix University - they have to be enrolled in a university to be eligible to participate in the internship - and after passing the interview, they travel to San Francisco. They get put into a group with people who weren't chosen to be put into other groups, people who are labeled as "oddballs" and different from the rest. Though Nick and Billy struggle at first, seeing as they're older and very different from the rest of their group, they come together as a team, and as people, as they compete in this internship.

Would I recommend this to people? Yes. Would I have seen this in theatres if I hadn't been given free passes? Probably not, because I'm broke and there are other movies I want to see first. It's not the funniest or best comedy I've seen this year, but this is better than so many other ones I've already seen.

The funniest scene, I would say, involves Quidditch. Yes, the beloved sport that's displayed throughout the Harry Potter series. I love the Harry Potter series, but I'm pretty sure a real-life Quidditch match would be just like this, and it's very awkward and hilarious.

Watch the trailer here:

No comments:

Post a Comment