Pages

6.22.2013

LIGHT: Bruce Munro at Cheekwood

So many lights!

Last night, I went with my family to the "LIGHT" exhibit at Cheekwood in West Nashville. This is the second "LIGHT" exhibit in North America, and it's running from May-November of this year. The only days you can see it are Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 4:30-11pm each night. The cost of admission is $15/adult (students, seniors, and children get discounts), plus $3 parking.

This exhibit is absolutely breathtaking. The sights, sounds, and even the smells are amazing. There's music playing in various parts of the exhibit (both by musicians and sounds coming from speakers), there's drinks and food stands, so you could spend a lot of time here. I was so enamoured by it that I took a lot of pictures, some of which I will show you today!



There were so many flower lights displayed throughout the grasses and fields at Cheekwood.
They changed colors, so at times there would be a field of flowers in a rainbow-y type fashion.

(Watch my Vine videos for this here and here.)


When you first walk to the exhibit, you see these tower-type objects.
They also change color, but music is also emitting from them.

(See my Vine video for this here.)


This was in the Japanese portion of the exhibit.


This was also in the Japanese portion of the exhibit.


These were flashing near the lake.
The lights reminded of light sticks, and the flashing reminded me of a nightclub.
It was a fun area to be around!

(See my Vine video for this here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment