Pages

4.15.2013

#prayforboston

Today, tragedy hit Boston. During the Boston Marathon, two hours after the first runners crossed the finish line, there were two explosions near the finish line. As of this post, two people are dead, and over 130 people are injured, many critically.

Today's tragedies hit close to my heart. I spent my childhood in Salem (right outside of Boston), and even though I've lived elsewhere for 14 years, I still consider that area my home. Despite not being born there, I still call it my hometown. I always get sad when bombings and shooting and other tragic events happen anywhere, but this really hit close to my heart. Today is Patriots Day, and with that and the marathon happening, people were joyous and celebratory today. They were supposed to be, anyway.

I like to watch CNN at work, and I've been glued to it for the past 4+ hours. My Mom still keeps in contact with a lot of people up there, and I imagine she would have told me if anyone she knows was injured. I'm glad everyone I know up there is doing fine, and for everyone reading, I hope your friends and family are doing okay as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment