Pages

9.14.2013

trips to ulta, and other makeup.


Yeah, I know... Am I ever going to get back to updating regularly? I plan on doing so! I just ended my second week of training at my new job, and... well, it's a bit stressful. We've got our tests coming up this week, and I hope I do well at them! I'm unfortunately someone who blanks out under pressure. Now, the paper tests I'm not so worried about, because it's an "open book" test, but the mock calls... well, I hope I can do all of that right! 
Tonight, I'll be discussing my recent purchases at Ulta. An Ulta finally opened in Nashville. We have two others in the Nashville area, but they're not really in Nashville. I'm going way out of my way when going to the other two stores. I'm so glad there's one now 20 minutes away from my house! 






I couldn't help but buy this. First, it was on sale for $12, and it's normally $50. Also, I'm trying to branch out and use different eyeshadows; I'm so used to using shades of brown and black. Yes, there's those shades in this, but there's also green and yellow. I rarely wear green, and I've never worn yellow. I tried those colors the day I purchased this, and... well, I look okay. I also don't like the brush that came with it. It's a bit small, so I use my regular brush for overall application, and I use this brush around the creases of my eyes. 


I saw this on sale online, and was happy to see that it was the same price in the store! I love the colors, and I while I haven't tried any of them yet - I need to go ahead and do that this week - I'm excited to try them out! 


This is also one I haven't tried out. I've been obsessed with the first eyeshadow set I posted, that I haven't used any other ones in the past week! (I bought these first three items last Friday, and all the other items I'll be posting I bought yesterday.) I've heard of baked eyeshadow and was glad to see these are on sale for $4 at Ulta. My sister tried these out on her hand, and we both liked the colors that came out. 

l'Oreal - Colour Caresse Wet Stain Shine (Eternally Nude) 

I've been in a Cheryl Cole mood lately. It all began when I saw that she had a new lipstick coming out with l'Oreal, a brand she's been in ads for lately. (The commercials and ads are only in the UK. I wish I saw those here in the US!) The lipstick isn't available in the US yet - none of the celebrity lipsticks are, it seems like - but I know that other items she was in ads for are available! Now, this lipgloss was a pricey $10 - I say pricey because I never spend more than $5 on lipgloss - and while the brush is just so small... I do like it! The application feels just like water and goes on incredibly smoothly. Now, it doesn't stay glossy for long, but my lips do continuously feel refreshed. 

The ad Miss Chezza is in for this lipgloss. 


I was happy to see Ulta's makeup was still on sale when looking through their particular brand yesterday! This mascara was only $4! The name turned me on - Legendary Lengths. Unfortunately, it does not live up to it's name. It doesn't lengthen my eyelashes, and quite frankly, it barely makes them fuller. On the plus side, the brush doesn't clump my lashes together, so I get a very even look upon application. 

  
Actually, this item and the final one I'll be showing were not Ulta purchases. This was actually purchased tonight at Wal-Mart. I saw this at Rite-Aid a few weeks ago, and haven't been able to find it again until tonight! It's an NYC product, so either I've been missing it, I haven't been looking properly, or it finally became available at Wal-Mart! I love the application, it goes on very smoothly, and I was surprised to see that there's a hint of glitter! 


I bought this at Walgreens last Saturday. I was expecting this to be a regular lipgloss - it is titled Liquid Lip Color - but instead, it seems like it's a hybrid lipgloss/lipstick. It goes on smoothly, then it dries up for longer wear. I put on too much upon first application, and it became really sticky upon drying. 

And that's all my purchases lately! I really should stop, but now with weekly paychecks... well, my urge to spend-spend-spend unfortunately results in trips to Ulta, and other purchases when going out. Tomorrow, I'll be discussing the two steelbooks I got this one - one purchase, one I got in the mail from purchasing weeks ago - but I'll leave you with Miss Cheryl's autobiography. Maybe I'll start reading that tonight

    

No comments:

Post a Comment